water parameters

madlynb

madtaz
I did a 15gal. SWC today. After allowing the pump to cylce for 2 hours I checked my parameters. They were:
ph - 8.3
temp - 76.7
ammon - <0.25
nitrate - 25ppm
nitrite - 0
phos - 0.5
salinity - 1.020
I have the most difficult time in getting my salinity up to 1.026. When I tested my SW before adding to tank, it read 1.040. So, I figured that would raise the salinity in my DT once adding.
Are these parameters okay? What do I do about salinity?:frustrat:
P.S. My tank, at this point, is FOWLR only.

Mig up some salt water at 1.026sg.Then when you top the tank off,use the salt water untill your salinity comes up to where you want it.

Are the rest of my parameters good? Are there others I should check because I am wanting to get myself a wrasse but I want to be sure my water parameters stay on a steady basis.:bowdown:

your ammonia should be at zero.

What kind of test kit do you use? as well as your hydrometer? Hydrometers are only accurate about 50% of the time. I found that IO makes one of the most accurate besides using a refractometer.

I use Salifert test kits. I check my salinity with a refractometer.

Salifert is one of the best kits out there so you should have accurate readings, same with your refractometer. So as Yote mentioned slowing increase your salt and wait until your ammonia is at zero before adding your wrasse.

The temp is fine especially for a wrasse they prefer a bit cooler temp.

Back