Water Pumps in Right Place???

Justinb2188

Reefing newb
i just got some new pumps there rated 1040gph i have a 75 gallon tank 48inch long and i have them both against the back of tank angled shooting towards the front glass i have some new coral its a torch coral and his tenticles seem to move pretty good but not to sure noob in coral so should i move pumps or move coral or is it good i can also provide video if i can place videos on this website

Thanks

torches like a nice moderate area of flow...they'll fully extend in moderate flow...If they're getting beat up by the flow they won't fully extend.

When it does...if the flow looks like it's beating the hell out of it, just move it somewhere a little calmer.

You want the torch to look like it's flowing in the wind...not stuck in a hurricane.:D

it has come out before i fed it mysis spot feed with turkey baster and wont come back out that was a couple days ago and you can see the green ball tips moving so i know he has flow

What are you using for lights?..

If you can, just to see...move it in the tank so that it's being protected from some of the flow...It may just have too much flow on it. Try to get it in an area that has just a little flow.

You also dont need a waver maker. But a wave maker is just a fancy powerstrip that turns some of the plugs off randomly to turn the powerhead off so it alters the flow in the tank. But i think you need to buy special powerheads that are made to turn on and off because that is really hard on the motor.

well see the thing is i can return the fixture and get that its only like 80 bucks more but my coral may die without light because i would have to order them online

Back