Water storage containers question

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Was talking to the guy building my RO/DI unit and about how much to keep around. I was like yeah I bought this cool garbage can with wheels and a snap lid.

He tells me to forget it and only use the Rubbermaid Brute 32 or 44 gallon cans because they are (forgot the exact term) made different for the plastic used wont release chemicals back into the water because the water is I think he said ion hungry.

He was specifically speaking of the RO/DI water and that it is aggressive for it and other cans are not made like the brutes. I wish I could remember the word but basically these were made for storage of foods and or liquids.

I meaan who even knows that. I am going to get one only because he is the guy who works on and with these systems and has many tanks. I would imagine it isn't drastic to not use one but it can't hurt to be extra careful plus the other can will not go to waster for sure.

he gave you good advise, ro/di water is de ionized, so its been stripped of its ions, the water is aggressive in that its trying to get ions back, from anywhere.
Cans for storage need to be food safe, garbage cans contain a high level of recycled plastic and can have just about anything in it, phosphates being one of the nicer ones.
You can find barrels for food shipping online or stick to the gray rubbermaid/brute cans as they are not only food safe but certified safe for garbage lol

Haha that's funny..... yeah I was.searching around and that seems to be the case in many forums so I will.just snag one later.

ha, Im in Canada its always 30 degrees lol if you get a piece of Styrofoam about an inch thick and put the can on it, it helps a lot, I keep about 150 gallons of fresh water heated all year round for my cichlids

Why not put the container in the bathtub or shower and mix it there? After all tub/shower would only be out of commission until you did the w/c.

I use these in my garage. They are food grade.
Tank Depot
Luckily they are local for me so no shipping charges.
But you may find something similar in your area.

804776685_B8p4w-XL.jpg

Back