water temp

315hottuna61

" Take a Kid Fishing "
my water temp. is 88 , i can not get it down and do not use a heater. Is my only recourse a chiller? My lighting is 4 pc's ( not halides) .Is there a chance that the pump ( mag 7) is putting out heat ? Thanks

What is your house temperature? If the room temperature is normal, then I think you have a piece of equipment that is heating up the water -- a good bet is the Mag 7. 88 is very hot.

Calcium/salt deposits on pump assemblies could also cause the pumps and powerheads to generate more heat than normal due to friction.
Make sure you service them regularly.

You will still likely need a chiller I think if you keep your house at 80-82 degrees (holy crap! how do you sleep like that? lol).

Even when its 100+ outside, my house is around 72-74 cause I don't want my house too hot but any lower, and my electric bill would double if not triple each month during the summer months, june-september.

Yikes, I keep my house at 68 during the summer and 71 in the winter. I hate to be uncomfortable in my own home! My tank temp only varies when I change the thermostats on the heaters. Rock solid every time. It is in the walk out basement though. I'm sure the temp is more stable here than in the upper floors.

A WHAT?????

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

I'm an Air Force Brat. Born in Wyoming and have lived all over. Since we have been married, we have moved every three years so its like nothing has changed. I hate the heat and I hate the cold.

HaHa, i hit the wrong button when i thanked you - I'm not in the habit of thanking a Tide,Dog ,Vol, Semihole,Tiger or any other fan for that matter ( Go Gators) - BUT, i do give credit where credit is due, and the aforementioned teams ( except for Vols) have owned the Gators.

Back