Water temperature over 100 degrees...

so sucks :( im sorry to hear for your loss, i rec getting a reefkeeper lite its $99.99
i have my heater on it, and it keeps my tank right on 78. also the heater settings cut off at around 79, this is double protection if the heater fails my reefkeeper will cut it off. just some future proofing.

Ok, I am sooo sorry to hear about your tank! I just recently went through the same thing, and I lost EVERYTHING! Not even the live rock survived>|< R.I.P., but you are possibly in luck! I reported my situation to marineland and this is what they told me to do:
1) Give a detailed letter about your tank and heater (when you set it up, size of your set-up, animals, frequency of wc's, LR, lighting, position of heater, additives added, etc.), and THE MORE DETAILED THE BETTER!
2) Pics of your tank if you have them
3) Get a receipt/estimate of the livestock you had in your tank with letterhead (I got that from my lfs)
4) Send the heater
5) Your return name and address

Then I Mailed it all to:

United Pets Group
Attn. CLAIM
3001 Commerce Street
Blacksburg, VA 24060

I would call them @ (800)322-1266 too just so they have a record of your situation. They fully reimbursed me within a month of filing the claim for all the livestock lost in my tank. I know it's not the same as what you had, because I had to start over from scratch, but it's good to know Marineland is such a good company...GOOD LUCK!!

Proto and everyone -

I just wanna report that United Pet Group sent me a check for the lost I suffered as a result of the defected Marineland heater. I actually had a chance to speak to Rosemary, the person that handles the claim about a week and a half ago. She was very friendly and nice to speak to. Anyhow, it's great news. I got the check today. It's the full amount my claim was for.

I can definitely vouch for Marineland's (United Pet Group) dedication to their customers. Since my first call to my most recent one, they have been nothing more than professionals. They definitely value their customers. I can say, they have earned my respect and will definitely purchase their products again.

I wanted to get back to everyone here and provide an update. Once again, thanks to all that helped me out on this issue. Now, I can slowly stock my tank again...:^::bounce:

David

That is great to hear! I mean, it sucks that you had losses, but Marineland is doing the best they can to make things as right as possible, considering the circumstances.

I would definitely continue to shop with a company that treats its customers like that. I wish more companies would learn about the value of good customer service and following through. I've read so many stories here about how they've been great with the recall :)

That's great news!

How did you handle your claim numbers? Did you have receipts? I never keep receipts for livestock, and my livestock comes from many different sources with a lot of them being other hobbyists. No way I could walk into an LFS and get that info.

That's great news!

How did you handle your claim numbers? Did you have receipts? I never keep receipts for livestock, and my livestock comes from many different sources with a lot of them being other hobbyists. No way I could walk into an LFS and get that info.

d2mini -

You should call their customer service. As for the heater, I still had the receipt. If you dn't have the receipt, maybe, you can look for your statement if you charged it on a credit card.

As far as my livestock, I was instructed to go to my LFS and get a quote from there. Either get the LFS put the quote of everything you lost on the LFS letterhead, or get the quote, send it into United Pet Group, along with a business card from the LFS. They might give the LFS a call to confirm the quote.

When I sent in my claim, which was detailed in my letter explaining the defected heater and how it destroy all my livestock. Moreover, I itemized each lost livestock and what the quote was...

Hope I answered your question. Please refer to previous post on this thread for specifics.

Did you have a defected heater yourself? If yes, did you lose anything?

David

Proto and everyone -

I just wanna report that United Pet Group sent me a check for the lost I suffered as a result of the defected Marineland heater. I actually had a chance to speak to Rosemary, the person that handles the claim about a week and a half ago. She was very friendly and nice to speak to. Anyhow, it's great news. I got the check today. It's the full amount my claim was for.

I can definitely vouch for Marineland's (United Pet Group) dedication to their customers. Since my first call to my most recent one, they have been nothing more than professionals. They definitely value their customers. I can say, they have earned my respect and will definitely purchase their products again.

I wanted to get back to everyone here and provide an update. Once again, thanks to all that helped me out on this issue. Now, I can slowly stock my tank again...:^::bounce:

David

Rosemary is a breeze to work with.And she's passionate about what she does.I've talked to her several times at the LFS when people have had trouble with a Marineland product.

Marineland is probably the best out there when it comes to customer service. Which is why we give our customers a direct number to contact em.

Back