Wave Maker/Flow question

bcool22

Fishy McFish's alot
Ok,

So I am looking into a few things. My Current Filter system has a 600 GPH flow rate I am using a 42 gallon hex tank. So I am looking into getting another powerhead for it not really sure what would be recommended. Should I get a wavemaker? give me some ideas. I dont wanna spend more then 200 bucks on this either. So if anyone has any ideas Let me know.

Tank:
Reef/Marine Tank 45lbs live rock - 40lbs Live sand 1 1/2 inch Bed.

questions just ask

+2 on the MP10. You get a wavemaker and don't have to have too many powerheads cluttering up your tank.

If you don't want to go that route, I think two or three smaller powerheads would be better than just one big one. So a couple of koralia 2's or 3's if you're on a budget. If you want a wave maker, I hear koralias aren't the best for them, because of the constant on/off stop/start motion. Might want to look into sicce voyagers instead, or do research on others.

Or, just make it easier on yourself and pick up an Mp10. (that's what I'd do, even if it meant stealing lunch money from kids to get the extra $30). :mrgreen:

Ok So my next question is I am trying to limit what I buy now cause I do intend on upgrading in the future to 150 gallon corner tank so can the Eco thing have aditional heads attached to it?

Back