Wave maker w/ auto top off

Jojo1628

Reefing newb
anyone has installed both wavemakers w/ auto top off system? I have JBJ auto topoff with floating valve and thinking about getting a wavemaker system, but if the water level is not stable, it would screw up the auto topoff system? anyone has any experience?

probably wouldn't be the best idea on a non-sumped tank. just my :twocents:

what wavemaker are you considering on your 30g?

I'm considering the red sea wavemaster pro...I'm thinking maybe there's a section of the wave pattern that may have a constant water level

I was trying to search up some wave patterns video but couldn't find it, I really would like to incorporate some kind of wave pattern, another device I'm also thinking is the SCWD squid for alternating pattern, but I like the night time and feeding function of the wavemaster...

the vortech pumps are too expensive for me now, I was planning on using koreila or maxi jets

If you use Koralias on a wavemaker,you'll need to get the Koralia wavemaker and the pumps that plug into it.Their different from the regular Koralias.
The constant on/off of a wavemaker will cause the regular pumps to bust,plus they'll make a harsh clicking racket everytime they kick on.
Maxi-jets are a little better,but it still wears them out pretty quick.

Back