wavemaker idea

corystemp

Reefing newb
I have been pondering over this idea for a wave maker and wanted to get some feedback. Here is my idea if i can explain it. I was thinking of a PVC pipe running down the side of the tank with holes drilled all the way down. the bottom capped so the water shoots from the holes. I want the tube to rotate back and forth spraying water through them. I was thinking of using the same idea as those lawn sprinklers that to back and forth with the power from the hose hooked to it. thought if i had one on each side of the tank would create great current thought the whole tank. Maybe have each side turn on and off simultaneously to createa more wavelike motion. Has anybody done anything like this before or have any ideas of how to build it. I will start experimenting as soon as I get some extra free time.

It's called a spray bar. It's what a lot of canister filters and HOB filters use to return water to the tank. The flow is not going to be very strong at all unless it's powered by a big pump, and the larger the pump you use, the larger the holes will have to be in the spray bar. Keep us updated if you decide to try to make one!

Back