Wavemakers

bangbangkhan

Reefing newb
I have the RKL controller and I want to add wave makers to the tank. currently i have 2 hydor 425 that i don't think are really doing justice to the tank.

which one is the best fit for my controller and a 90 gallon tank? anyone had any experience with these?

Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6055 or Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6045

The RXL is just going to be turning the power on and off. The only power head that I know of that will live any amount of time doing the is the hydor evolution. I have two hydor evolution on a wave maker (its a on and off type as well) been going strong since September.

The RXL is just going to be turning the power on and off. The only power head that I know of that will live any amount of time doing the is the hydor evolution. I have two hydor evolution on a wave maker (its a on and off type as well) been going strong since September.

The hydor wont work with my Digital Aquatics RFL...only the Tunze brand will. I have the evolution series but i would need to buy a "Hydor Koralia Smartwave Pump Timer" to make use of my existing pumps.

there are two options now:

1) Buy the hydor timer and transform the current pumps i have into wave makers

2) buy Tunze wave makers and a Digital aquatics advance wave maker module.

P.S were you away or something?

Hmmm...when in doubt which is cheaper?

I have been on.. off and on...Work has been a bitch...had two months of overnight shifts. Got off of overnights just in time for a tank leak...life sucks and all that...but its coming around.

Hmmm...when in doubt which is cheaper?

I have been on.. off and on...Work has been a bitch...had two months of overnight shifts. Got off of overnights just in time for a tank leak...life sucks and all that...but its coming around.

Tunze - $350ish and i will get complete wave action....

Hydor - no cost (Reef Keeper Lite Wave Maker - The Wave maker function is a ReadyFit function. It allows the user to configure two opposing pump cycles, A and B. These settings can be used with the Wave Maker function to generate
turbulent flow within your tank. Since these cycles oppose each other, WM A is always ON when
WM B is OFF and vice versa.)

Two months of living in the dark huh? hope the leak issue is resolved with out much issues...

Of course for me its all about the money....I would go with the power heads you have.

I had to buy a new tank. I still need to aquascape the new tank...just not enough time in the day. I basically brought in a old tank I still had moved everything over, cleaned up the carpet bought another tank that is the same as the leaking tank minus the leak of course and moved it all back the same day. So far it doesnt look like much has died...but time will tell.

Of course for me its all about the money....I would go with the power heads you have.

I had to buy a new tank. I still need to aquascape the new tank...just not enough time in the day. I basically brought in a old tank I still had moved everything over, cleaned up the carpet bought another tank that is the same as the leaking tank minus the leak of course and moved it all back the same day. So far it doesnt look like much has died...but time will tell.

good luck bro!

Ted, if it makes u feel better, my 120g fuge bursted because the brace in the center cracked. I lost all my lr, sand, and cuc. My stupid move, but hopefully makes u feel better. I should have never started up that tank, but is was there at the time. Wish u luck, and now u can make those adjustments that will make your tank even better!

Back