WAY OT Here's a good place to get tires at a good price.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by bobby, Apr 7, 2009.

1. bobby

bobby I like to do bad things.

I just thought I'd pass this site along and share my experience. I have been looking for a set of four tires for my truck and they're not cheap. Every where I want wanted 500.00 + for a set of passenger tires which most were not American made (Big no no for me).

Well I looked on treadepot.com and got a set of 4 American made passenger tires made by general tire for 358.00 delivered to my door. To top it off until May they're offering a 50.00 mail in rebate on a lot of brands and mine happened to be one of them. So I really got mine for 308.00 delivered.

The shipping was fast too! I ordered them Friday late afternoon and got them this afternoon from the UPS man.It only cost 40 to have them put on, but the automotive class is putting them on for free.

Anyway I just thought I would pass them along to you guys in case you someone was needing tires and wanted to save a few bucks. I saved 200.00 and now have a reason to spend more money on my tank.:mrgreen:

BTW Here's a link http://www.treadepot.com/

bobby, Apr 7, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. bobby

lightcs4 Loving to learn

Thanks. I'll have to keep this in mind when I need new tires. The Trailblazer tires get pricey and I like to know the tires are good when I'm towing the camper.

lightcs4, Apr 7, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. bobby

Yeah, my dodge rams were expensive and I was only looking for passenger tires and they were still 500.00 plus. Good prices and when I called to ask a few questions they answered the phone on the first ring (no machines) and answered every question I had. After I bought them they sent a email to notify my of the purchase and then as soon as they got them out they sent me an email saying they were sent and a tracking number to see where they are.

Customer service was great, prices were great, and lthe tires look great. Can't wait to get them on the truck.

bobby, Apr 7, 2009
    lightcs4 likes this.
  4. bobby

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

I wish you had posted that 3 weeks ago.
    I just had a set put on my truck that cost me a little over 400 bucks.Hard lick in this economy.

yote, Apr 7, 2009
  5. bobby

Rcpilot

Where do you guys take the vehicle and tires to get them mounted?

I can just see myself showing up with 4 new rubbers in the back of my truck and the tire guy looks at me and says,
    "I ain't mountin' no tires that you didn't buy from me!!"
    :frustrat:

Do you just take them to any Discount Tire Store or Big-O-Tire or (insert local franchise name here)?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    Rcpilot, Apr 8, 2009
  6. bobby

Sorry yote. I just found the place myself.

Yes any tire place will mount them. I think it normally costs around 7 to 10 a tire to be mounted and balanced.

bobby, Apr 8, 2009
  7. bobby

Hornet

Wal-Mart used to have the best prices for mounting and balancing tires. Like you said most tire shops won't mount them or they'll charge you extra. Or at least the last time I had some mounted they did not charge extra. I can't remember the price but I remember it being a helluva deal.

There's another site I buy tires from online but I can't seem to remember the web address now.

Hornet, Apr 9, 2009
  8. bobby

Tirerack.com? They are cheap too but with the 50.00 bucks back treadepot.com won. Wal mart did charge 7.00 to mount and balance each tire.

Just got mine put on today by the students so it didn't cost anything. I deff notice a huge difference. The ride is VERY quiet and smooth. My old tires were firestone LE tire which were also passenger tires and I could hear the road noise when I drove down the road. With these tires (General tire-Grabber) I hear nothing.

bobby, Apr 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question