WE GOTTA JUMPER...lol

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
Ok, so they jump...diamond gobies that is ..... SO do they do this because they are stressed or do they just jump by nature???? i didnt see him most of the day and he didn't look to me that he was being harrased at all, he actually just spent busy digging different burrows. The funny thing is he didnt start jumping until i turned on my lunar LED that I rigged up, very nice looking effect on the tank..too bad its just battery operated....anyway.... just curious thats all, Are they nocternal ?????

I have yet to figure out why they jump.My best guess is that they stress when the lights go out and their in a new enviroment.

Well, he stayed in the tank. I went to the home depot and paid a small fortune for a plastic grate, sized it up,fit it well to the top of the tank...Looks pretty good.
And Mr. Goby seems to be sleeping again during the day. I want to get some brine and mysis shrimp to put in the tank for him to eat, other than just what might be in the sand for him. What would I need to make a Copepod farm, maybe a 10 gallon tank with a live sand bed??? maybe a small hang on filter??? Or jsu keep adding them right to my tank until I at least see a few from time to time.. I already add a 6 oz. bottle 2 weeks ago, and who know how many are actually still in the tank...

Last edited:
Gobies jump because they are tidepool dwellers. I wouldnt say a fish tank is bigger than a tidepool so he is probably just looking for another place to be. Lol thats why i havnt purchased a goby yet.

you can get a DOB filter and instead of the flters put some LR rubble and pour some of the pods in there for them to grow and mulitply.

Well, My Diamond Must Have Jus Tbeen A Little Stressed, He Calmed Down And Doesn't Even Attempt To Jumo Now. But I Did Have To Change My Rock All Around Again So He Doesn't Cause A Rock Slide. He Is Eating Like A Pig Too... Mysis,brine, And Flake. He Also Seems To Really Get Along With My Tomato Clown. I Really Want To Try To Set Up A 10 Gallon Refuge And Get Some Cured Live Rock To Add To My Tank. The More I Get Into The Hobby The More I Can't Stand My Hex Tank. It Sucks !!!! But What Can I Do?
I Think That The Royal Gramma Will be My Next Addition Maybe Next Friday.

Back