Wedge's 46g Bowfront Reef

Once I get the hanging kit, I will post some before and after pictures. This should really help the coral growth!! :bounce:

And for Little_Fish, here is a pic of the bubble tip. :chair:

P6020196.jpg

It is alive, happy and doing really well after the aqua-scape. It found a new place it likes and hasn't moved in a month :Cheers:

Good! Still looks a little bleached, but it sounds like it is turning around! I would get the new light up ASAP. But also dont forget to acclimate your stuff to the new lighting.

And your tank looks good

Good! Still looks a little bleached, but it sounds like it is turning around! I would get the new light up ASAP. But also dont forget to acclimate your stuff to the new lighting.

And your tank looks good

Awww your no fun....I wanted to go Warp Speed Ahead on all the critters!!!!! :bounce:

Got home tonight and my hanger kit was in the mail. Started to get ready to hang the new halide lamp when I noticed my carpet anom was splitting. My wife is taking pictures of it's progess so will post them when it is done.

Got the hanging kit a week ago and finally got it hung up. Also, since my tank is a bow front it has a support brace on the top. I had a huge shadow down the middle of my tank :frustrat:. I had to cut this brace out and put in some clear acrylic. I used 2, 1/8" thick by 1" wide stips and 1, 1/8" thick 2" wide strip to support the glass.

Man it was touch and go for about 2 days. But the 2 part epoxy hardened just fine and it's holding perfectly :Cheers:
IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

As I posted in my 29g thread, I have but some stuff from R2G and should be arriving on Tuesday. Ordered some new coral, a coral beauty angel fish and some more macro algae for the fuge.

Would like a little advice on the coral beauty angel fish. Up to now I have been happy with the chromis and damsels but the wife wants something else in there. What have other people feed these critters? Is a feeding clip better to use then to just free float algae/food for them???

My bicolor angel flat out ignores the nori unless i scrunch it up like flake food. Yet she will eat anythig else. Needless to say that tank eats a lot of emerald entree.

I have not, usually frozen, but i think the pet store may have given him flake. I think there are flakes and pellets made for angels though.

Here is a couple of pics of the Coral Angel.

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

It took it a few days to come out of hiding. It seems to be grazing on my LR for now and so far has left my coral alone. I am trying a few types of MA from my fuge and what is called for on almost every fish forum. So with luck I will see it start eating from the clip or grazing on the MA i have in the tank.

If anyone has had a picky eater please tell me what you have used in the past to get them to eat.

Here is a couple of pics of the Coral Angel.

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

It took it a few days to come out of hiding. It seems to be grazing on my LR for now and so far has left my coral alone. I am trying a few types of MA from my fuge and what is called for on almost every fish forum. So with luck I will see it start eating from the clip or grazing on the MA i have in the tank.

If anyone has had a picky eater please tell me what you have used in the past to get them to eat.
Bubble alge eh you should try and get rid of that I don't know the manual way to remove it but somtimes emerald crabs dothe trick.
Oh and awesome Coral Beauty so... beautiful.

When i first got my bi colour she wouldnt eat for a few days so i threw in some larger sized live brine shrimp. (i hatch them in the 5 gallon with the peppermints) only about 2 or so. She gobbled them down so i threw in frozen as well. The next day i only put frozen in and she happily ate it.

Not sure if it will work for you, but it worked for me.

Bubble alge eh you should try and get rid of that I don't know the manual way to remove it but somtimes emerald crabs dothe trick.
Oh and awesome Coral Beauty so... beautiful.

I have 2 emeralds in the tank now. It only grows on that one rock, so I know they are keeping it under control. Thanks for the heads up

Back