weipro 2012 protein skimmer

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
Ok, i dont know much about skimmers, but i know this one doesnt seem to be working properly.

The skimmer is filling the cup up all the way, and I dont know how to get it to stop doing that, I have my valve set to fully open and that isnt working and neither is any other settings. It has a level which says to keep the water level at that point, but I cant get the skimmer to stop filling up past this point!

please help, I dont want to run this tank without a skimmer and am quite worried with about it.

thanks
josh

Actually, I did do that just then, Quite unsual but that did seem to do the trick, I am now able to adjust the water level.

Thanks for your help :) I heard these skimmers are quite tempromental but cant afford a better one at the moment!

Sorry for the late reply yote, Ill get a picture for you tomorrow, its a bit late and in an important conversation :)

005ir.jpg

Its a venturi driven skimmer

quite a cheapy, came free with the tank for that reason to get more people to buy it.

Actually I have one more question about this, I have a 1100 gph pump i think it is, should i be bumping this up to 2000? i heard that might be beneficial.

That looks like a knock off seaclone to me.
I think I would look into getting a better skimer.Something like an Octopus or ETSS.
But I can see that one IS pulling some gunk out.

Try that other pump.It cant hurt.

yea, Its quite cheap, I was looking at one of the Cyclones, just need to work out price and when I should buy it depending on necessity, this one will work for the time being but :)

How good is the Cyclone Original I think it was?

or what is a good mid ranged cyclone skimmer?

Back