Weird attachments on Chaeto...help!

Jojo1628

Reefing newb
I need some help...I purchased some Chaeto off ebay and noticed that there are these weird attachments like some sort of eggs on all the Chaeto...what are these and are they safe to throw in the refugium? don't want to introduce any diseases...also, should I rinse these chaeto before i dump it in? thanks in advance...

chaeto2.jpg

chaeto1.jpg

oh dam these are those bad algae that spread like a plague...I need to remove them from my tank asap...btw, I'll be reordering some more, should I wash them first before I place them in my tank?

The problem is that the whole thing is filled w/ these bubbles...no joke...I need to get another batch and restart again, never getting anything else from that ebayer (seaside_treasures)...I also flush it in fresh water before and now it's dying, this time I learn the hard way, I will toss out everything and start fresh again...

Bubble algae is a pain. Emeralds eat it and can help if it starts getting in the tank. You can toos all of it except a small bubble free clump and it will grow right back.( hopefully bubble free)

under the right conditions...but there are cyano baterias on my chaetos already competing, i don't think I have enough chaeto to overtake the cyano, it's like a tug of war in my refugium...

Back