weird foxface

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
IMG_0207.JPG

hes been like that since he found that spot yesterday i feed him throught the back opening he eats but not really active

right now hes has good color but yesterday he was all spotty looked like he was wearing an army BDU(camouflage) uniform
is this normal behavioe hes been in their for about 48Hrs

hell sometimes be straight sometimes like he is now and sometimes with his head up

my clown and lawnmower blenny are ok active and swimming

checked my pH and really the damb color shades are freeking close so im guessing its between 8.0-8.5 i know big difference but damb

i gonna try and see if i can get a pH meter locally if now i order online

Last edited:
When did you introduce the fish to your tank? As long as he is eating, i would say dont stress him and just keep an eye on him.

I have a foxface. They do change colors they like to blend in with their surroundings. They'll even flex their fins. Kind of cool to watch. Sometimes they do stay in one place. The longer their in the tank the more active they get. Remember they are venomous. As long as he is eating he'll be fine. Do you have algea growing in your tank. If not offer him algae sheets. They love them. Just be careful when you do it.

Piggys right.Foxfaces will rest in some wild postions.They camoflage themselves and stick those spines up when they rest.
Its normal.

they also change when stressed. I have had several. They can be prone to starve without enough algae to eat. they do not like aggressive tankmates and need to graze all day. Feed nori sheets 3x a week as well as frozen food. Keep an eye on your nitrates and adjust feedings accordingly. They are pretty fish but their sting is a bit nasty (personal experience). Just be careful.

-Doc

they also change when stressed. I have had several. They can be prone to starve without enough algae to eat. they do not like aggressive tankmates and need to graze all day. Feed nori sheets 3x a week as well as frozen food. Keep an eye on your nitrates and adjust feedings accordingly. They are pretty fish but their sting is a bit nasty (personal experience). Just be careful.

-Doc

Cool thanks doc, read so many good things on here about you glad to finnaly hear your words of wisdom, just by chance I bought some algae sheets yesterday good thing I did

Back