Weird invert (or plant?)

RHCAXD

Reefing newb
20o0eb.jpg

Sorry if its out of focus but a fwe days ago a couple them died and the peoples that sold the aquariumto me didnt tell me their name so I can't find out why they died..

A couple of them could have died because when you move a tank, you kick up a lot of :pooh: which could have set off a mini cycle. Sorry about not being able to ID them but once yote is around, he might be able to. Hes got one good eye:mrgreen:

That looks like xenia to me.
Its one of those corals that either becomes a weed and trys to overgrow the tank,or just melts away.

Do they retract their (arms) and get hard when disturbed? If they do they are almost certanly as mentioned by AdeptMrSniffles Toadstool Leather corals. But, they are usually pretty harty and not so often in groups. So, the possibility of them being Xenia, as yote said is just as valid. Xenia much more often branch out to form new colonies and can be a bit touchy. The macro setting on a camers does wonders for shots of this nature. That is a great suggestion AdeptMrSniffles. Here are a couple of pics to help you out. Xenia is on the left Toadstool is on the right. Don't place much value in color it varies greatly.
Ryan

Attachments

• Xenia.jpg
    Xenia.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 716
  • Toadstool.jpg
    Toadstool.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 454
Back