Weird Worms

beancntr

Back into Salt
Hello to all my old friends! I know I've been gone quite a while. Yote, Bobby, Biff.. missed you all!

Tank is doing ok. Combated some red algea, but it's mostly under control now. Lost a couple of fish, but I think mostly to "natural" causes.

Just yesterday I noticed the strangest thing that I cannot find on the Internet anywhere. Underneath one of my rocks are these reddish/pinkish worm things that look almost like serpent starfish tentacles. Went to take a picture, and of course the battery was dead. Will try to get one later and post. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had these suddenly appear or if anyone knows what they are. I have not added anything to my tank probably since my last post here. They (or IT) comes up along the rock, but never comes completely out from under it. I will admit, it's creepy.

Thanks, and I will try to be on and say hello more often!

Bean

They sound like bristleworms. Google them and see if that's it. If so, they are reef safe and excellent cleaners. Some of the best hitch hikers you can have.

I aint even gonna reply,because Bean'll forget us again:mrgreen:

Happy to see you back Bean.
I'll bet the worms your seeing are micro brittle stars.I've got several hundred(guessing) in my tank.

Yup - Bristleworms. Cool. Have NO idea where they came from.

Oh Yote!! I NEVER forgot you!!! Just got sidetracked for a while!

LOL. Believe me, they are too creepy. And my bitch of a maroon clown would attack me!

Thanks guys. I appreciate it and knew I would find the answer here. You're all the best!!

Oh by the way, it's great to see you again!!

You came back just in time for the SECOND ANNUAL LIVING REEFS SECRET SANTA!! Be sure to sign up. ;)

Back