Were did u Buy

CrypticAnimal

Member of Dfwmas
I was just wondering were others get there Live Rock.. Ive kinda worked out a deal with local dealer for 3.99 per lb since Im buying 150lbs at once..I was curious were some of you purchased your live rock from and if it was shipped..Whats your opinion on shipping Live rock or should I go local again.Just cant make my mind up at this point.

Liveaquaria.com is a good place.I bought most of my live rock online at Saltycritter.com.....they have some great live rock.You can even call and request sizes and shapes.The only reason I purchase online was that the rocks locally look more like base rocks or concrete slabs.

I got the rock in my 55 from petsolutions.com. The rock in my 30 came from the LFS.
If I had it to do over,i'd get it from the LFS just because curing rock stinks.

Thanks everyone , Ill check out the sites that were brought up...Adrastos-Umm Ive never heared of the rock you suggested.. Were should I find more info on that type of rock. Thankx

A simple search on Google will bring up a lot of good information. I buy mine locally - but there are websites where you can buy pieces online if there aren't any nearby sourcers.

Lace rock is just neat because it's much lighter - I just picked up two pieces for my tank that are mammoth in size and less than 30 pounds combined.

i agree lace rock has nice shapes and is pourous, i use half of mine lace other half live rock fiji, a couple pieces of i think its called kahlini. LFS is usually best way to go cause they have live rock already cured cause your not going to get cured live rock online there is always die off from shipping.

Ive already got a little over 50 pounds of base rock in my garage(2yrs/old)..Do u think its still usable?MAybe just boil and use (never touched water)..I could already have the rock I need between the rocks in the garage and the Fiji I have in the tank Im swapping.. Maybe I could use this money on some Powerheads Ive been dreaming about and the controler , maybe she wont notice..

Rule #3: She will never pass up any opportunity she possibly can to point out to you that yes, she did notice, and indeed she will never forget.

She noticed the thread , She reminded me of the garage sale we had and she sold my 50lbs of base rock for 20.00 ..She wondered why the guy wanted the rocks..sO SHE GAVE ME 20.00.I told her it was cool , becase I already ordered Some True blues For 60.00..hehe..She really dislikes my hobby right now..Prey 4 me

Cryptic,Please post when your next sale is going to be.
We'll all head to your house.lol

P.S.
Your a braver man than I am.

Back