Wesley's 10 Gallon Larvae Tank

Wes888

Reef enthusiast
I might as well. :D

There cannot be any lights from the side or the bottom or the larvae will go crazy and keep smashing onto the wall. The bottom is painted white for easy spotting them and stuff for clean up.

PaintingTank1.jpg
PaintingTank2.jpg

PaintingTank3.jpg
PaintingTank4.jpg

PaintingTank5.jpg

Done! Front glass is covered with a cardboard for the first couple of weeks until they go through the metamorphosis.

PaintingTank6.jpg

Oh crap the first time I looked there were no pictures so I thought you were just crazy! LOL

Very cool keep it updated so we can see the progress

LOL. Ah! I've noticed that the pictures were too big after I made the post. So I deleted them and re-upload the smaller size ones. I guess you just caught me in between. :D

Yea, I figured it out after this post. Before that, I thoguht you were trying to breed some kind of shrimp for some reason.

The newly hatched clown fish larva are very sensitive to light. So basically, I just had the fish tank completely covered so that no light can get in, other than from the top.

Yea, I figured it out after this post. Before that, I thoguht you were trying to breed some kind of shrimp for some reason.

I thought I was the only one LOL Can't wait to see it filled w/ babies! You got a setup for your rotifers?

Yea, I've been getting the air pumps, tubes, buckets, cleaning them, setting them up, and ordering everything I need to start the culture in the last few days. So busy. I don't think I've been that busy when preparing my daughter being born. :D

That rotifers finally got here this morning. One bag to start the culture, the other bag for immediate consumption.

Rotifer.jpg

Nice! Are you culturing phyto too (to feed the rotifers)? I cultured rotifers and phyto for several months. It was a tough job keeping up with all of it.

Yes, just started a culture for phyto as well. In the meantime, they'll be relying on the rotifer diet for now.

The phytoplankton disks was soak for 24 hours, but I made a mistake and used RO water with NO salt. Hope I didn't kill it.

Phytoplankton.jpg

Pump.jpg

PlanktonBottles.jpg

Someone should do a write up on here about breeding fish. One day I want to get to that point, but wouldn't know where to start looking into what I need to set up.

I've read so many articles and website and forum in the last week. I didn't enen spent that much effort when my dauther was bored. lol
I could try to summarize them here or make a new post?

After weeks of trying different things that I've read on the internet, it's amazing how much misinformation out there. I think I'll start creating an User Created Articles complete with pictures and video. Hmm... lot of things to cover though. May have to make it into a multiple post thread instead of a single article post.

Back