Wesley's 125

Tank looks great Wes ... man you've got a ton of powerheads in that thing lol

LOL. Yea, like Yote said, if the sand is not in constant suspension, i don't have too much flow. :D Actually, only the two VorTech MP40W on each end and the MP10W in the middle are active all the time. The rest of the powerheads are programmed to blast the tank at a quite long interval to create some powerful short surge.

Hey,what can I say...reef safe wrasses and anthias are my favs.Too bad wrasses like to jump or else there would be a bunch of them in my tank.

Nope,I seen people on RC having a mix of different species.I think there like anthias,you don't want two males of the same species in most cases.

I always wanted a male and female Scott's Fairy but am too afraid of losing them to carpet surfing.

Interesting! I have my eyes on a few other reef safe wrasses as well. I may try to get one when they are on sale.

Looks good! Do you have the MP40's synced? A pair running in reef crest mode is awesome. I would love to get a pair, but they cost a bit more than I want to pay. ;)

hahahha. Yea, what a memory! I'm glad that you shared that experience with me via the webcam.

Looks good! Do you have the MP40's synced? A pair running in reef crest mode is awesome. I would love to get a pair, but they cost a bit more than I want to pay. ;)

Thank you! Yea, they cost just a bit too much i think. I got only 1 MP40 for a long time and added the 2nd one 6 months later. Just got the MP10 before I went on vacation a month ago. The MP10 is too weak. I wouldn't recommend it.

At first, i had all 3 (2xMP40 and MP10) synced, but the wave was a bit too strong at time and the water splash out occasionally. Now I have 1 MP40 and 1 MP10 running in Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) to generate the wave, and use the other MP40 to do the Reef Crest mode.

Last edited:
Remember this big guy/gal?

FeatherDuster.jpg

There are a lot of babies all around the tank. Found 3 of them on this one rock. (click on it to show the pointers)

Back