Wesley's 125

Instead of picking the trim, I went to the plumbing dept instead. I figured I could always add those later. I'm just about to drill holes to the stand. After some measurement, i've noticed that the hole drills that I have are not big enough. I need to find my jig saw. I haven't use it for a long time.

While trying to look for the jig saw in the garage, I just noticed that I have another bigger job to do. Clean up the garage to make rooms for the sump and stuff. lol

Wes,heres a little tip we heat and air folks use to spot hole in the floor.
Cut a piece of wire coat hanger,then you can drill through the floor.Then just go down stairs and find the hanger and measure where its at in relation to the joists.

I think Wes must have worked all night long, so he must still be asleep. Can't believe we still don't have any updated pics so late in the day!

lol. actually i went to home depot and another local hardware store to shop for the plumbing parts. You know you have an idea on how the plumbing goes and when you look at the limited selection of the parts, you have to just keep staring at them and construct the plumbing on the fly.

Anyway, I think I got all the plumbing parts now. Boy, this hobby sure is expensive. Just these parts cost almost $200.

PlumbingParts.jpg

Speaking of drilling. Wes wouldn't it be better to remove a section (slat) of the wood floor and then drill the hole in the subfloor? That way if you ever sell you house you can just replace the piece of flooring with ease. Just an idea.

The clear green thing is a bulk head. The tank I got doesn't have any tubings or even bulk heads in the overflow area. Just empty 4 holes.

Wow! Totally awesome! I can see your live webcam on my phone! Very clean tank, I like. Can't wait to see how you plum your new system. Lots if pics and details please! :mrgreen: thanks for sharing!

i don't have any experience with hard wood floor, but as far as I know, they have groves between them and can only be removed from the edge? Nah, too much work. I rather fix it up when I need to. It's gonna be the same removal of the section anyway.

yeap. bought a cheapy $40 jig saw today. Spent like 3 hours last night to clean up "part" of the garage and still couldn't find the jig saw.

Instead of drilling, I finally did my first water fill test this morning. Also put in some bleach and gave it quite a bit of scrubbing. You can also see quite a bit of junk in my garage. lol. The left hand trash can has about 40-50 lb of LR being cured.

WashTank.jpg

Drill! Baby, drill! A small hole to find out what's where. I could feel it went through 2 layers of stuff. That's a good sign.

Drill1.jpg

Went downstair and didn't see a thing!! Since I'm a electrical guy, of course use the electrical method. Signal generator clip onto a long metal and stuck in down. Then use the signal receiver to find where it is.

Drill1Test1.jpg
Drill1Test2.jpg

OF COURSE IF WON'T BE THAT EASY!! Guess where it is? It's right above a window!! :grumble:

DrillAboveWindow.jpg

Back