Wesley's 125

Thank you thank you!! Yea, while on the first 7 steps on the stairs, it slipped and crushed on me and push me up against the wall. And another slip on the 2x4s and it hit the stair and made a loud bang. The first 7 steps was the hardest since I haven't figure out what would work. Tried so many different ways.

It was and dcantucson was watching it. :)

Boy, now that the adrenaline have worn out, my body hurts!! My shoulders and my leg got bruise mark and my arms got quite a few scratches. Lucky I decided to finish up the move last night. No way I can continue to do it today.

Yes, it passed it with flying color. :)

Water test good. Created 2 sets of overflow and water return in the overflow area. Got the plumbing done and floor drilled. Just my luck, after I picked another spot to drill, away from the window, I hit a 4"x12" beam! lol. Gotta add more 45 degree to my plumbing. It gotta be the most complicated and wasteful plumbing for such simple purpose! :grumble:

WaterTest2.jpg
PipeDoneW.jpg

PipeDoneL.jpg
PipeDoneR.jpg

Sorry I didn't take the time to read the whole thing, but I remember on the first page reading that you were dreading making doors...what if you did some sort of roll-up/accordian/sliding door thing that would limit the # of doors but still give you the big opening?

Question Wesley. With such a large and tall cabinet why are you plumbing your sump to downstairs anyway, when you have so much room?

There are a few reasons. It's the noise of the pump, noise of the pump for the skimmer, and the light from the refugium, the occasional flooding of the skimmers, want to have a bigger algae scrubber. Like to have a couple of fans blowing on the water surface, but the fans are too noisy! Also, i got a chiller but it's making the living room too hot, so gotta plumb to another room. The only room I can do it is downstairs. So, I might as well, move everything down.

With everything downstairs, I can even use a 75 gal as my sump! :D

There are 2 reasons of having such big stand. One is that when I need to have everything under there, i could. Two, I just like the tank to be more to my eye level. Well, not quite, but better.

After I get it up and running, I'm going to make a couple of shelves there. My wife would be happy. :)

Sorry I didn't take the time to read the whole thing, but I remember on the first page reading that you were dreading making doors...what if you did some sort of roll-up/accordian/sliding door thing that would limit the # of doors but still give you the big opening?

LOL. That would be even more complicated. I rather make 4 doors.

Last edited:
It's looking really good, Wes. I can't believe it's going so fast too. When you set out to do something you get 'er done.

A 75 gallon sump. Wow! How nice.

:pooh: i was asleep, if you are going to put on a show, warn us in advance.

Nice work though, you are going to hurt your back doing all those crazy acrobatics.

thanx for the update!

PS: "DRILL BABY, DRILL!"

That wouldn't work. That thing is 23" wide. Mine is 31" wide. Besides, $90!!! :shock: That's ok. Regular door will do. :D

Back