Wet/Dry filter

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
Alright guys, sorry if there's a post already concerning this but I'm lazy/drunk so I don't feel like going through 50+ pages of posts. I'm just wondering if anyone has turned a wet/dry filter into a capable water filtration system for a saltwater tank. My girls father has one in storage that he isn't, nor will he, ever going to use again that I can possibly use, pending dimensions. Was just wondering if I can use it to add some water volume and what not. I've been looking around online but I haven't seen anyone using one for a saltwater tank. Except one forum where a guy threw some LR rubble in where the bio balls were. Anything wrong with this? I'd really like to see this happen cuz I'm tired of looking at my fans, skimmer and heater.

I'm running a wet/dry on my tank.Dont have any problems with.
Just like anything else,as long as its maintained,it'll do alright.

I have been using one for the last 5 years, no nitrate problems and my corals and fish are doing just fine. ps i don't use a skimmer either, just a weekly pwc of 10 gls on a 70 gl tank

i used one for 10 years and never had problems with it an long as you clean it once a month you will be fine when i cleaned mine i cleaned half the balls a month and left the bottom ones alone.

i guess that this is just like everything else, there are different set-ups for different people. some people like 'em and some dont. me, i'm lazy, so i'm gonna do whatever i can figure out that makes my life simpler.

I used to bleach the bio-balls every week in my wet/dry.But since setting up the 125,I've not touched em.Just rinsing the padding once or twice a week.Nitrates test at 0,phosphates are 0(actually had the water company test that).
But I've only got 3 fish in that 125 right now too.So that probably makes a difference.

Back