Wet Dry Filters

amonya

Reefing newb
Would I Be Over Doing It If I Got A Wdf That Is For A 75 Be To Much For A 55 Or Is That Ok,also Do Yall Know Of Anyone Trying To Get Rid Of One I Would Like To By One Maybe Used To Try To Save A Little Money And What Type Of Protien Skimmer Would You All Recommend For A 55 Gallon Or Type Of Brand That Is Good ? Thanks In Advance.

If your on a tight budget I would recomend a Coralife Super skimmer.I have the 65 for my tank and it has been excellent.Needle wheel,buble trap,and very quiet.Pulls alot of stinky :pooh: out my tank.The specs for the 65 will work,but I would go for the 125 here is good price
http://www.marineandreef.com/shoppro/protein_skimmers_coralife.htm
If you have bigger budget and going to do sump or fudge. There better and pricey skimmers available like a euro-reef ask Chris about these,Tunze,and others

Last edited:
THANKS , RIGHT KNOW I HAVE A SKILTER AND I THINK IT SUCKS ITS LOUD AND PRODUCES SO MANY BUBBLES THAT IT PISSES MY CARALS OFF ,DO ALL SKIMMERS PRODUCE A LOT OF NOISE?OR IS IT JUST CUZ I BOUGHT A PEICE OF :pooh:

I had a prizm that sounded like a grinder.The skilters I heard were no diferent.The Coralife I replaced it with is quiet as a mouse

i thought it was only mine that i put it together wrong or something ,i think i will go with that brand thanks .

Back