What a Clown!

DAvis

Reefer Madness
Talk about perfect timing or just dumb luck. The other night, it was very late and I had to go to bed. The dog's looks said otherwise and I let them out. As I walked back in the the dining room, I heard a little change in the normal tank sound. Curious, I of course checked it out. I opened the door to the sump and noticed the level rapidly going down! I immediately thought "The overflow!". I checked it, the lid was off to the side and I moved it into place and checked for fishies and saw nothing. Flow resumed to normal!

I was still baffled so I checked the sump again, it was back to normal. Then I checked the filter sock. Looking up at me, eyes and nose out of the water, was my female clown, with a "What happened?" look! I returned her to the tank, only a tiny abrasion on one side that quickly healed.

When the lid on the overflow was ajar, she must have gotten stuck across the drain pipe and blocked the flow. When I put the lid back on, the pressure lessened so much that she must have been able to scurry free down to the sump.

If the dogs hadn't begged me to got out, I would have lost her, and possibly the return pump.... and more?! :shock:

Damn lucky, I figure...

I think u just found Nemo. I bet he was trying to screw your sump system so u would have to clean the tank. (are u a dentist?)

I think u just found Nemo. I bet he was trying to screw your sump system so u would have to clean the tank. (are u a dentist?)

Hah! No not a dentist! I have to admit, she looked damned hilarious looking up form the middle if the 4" sock! I should tell the clowns to stop hosting the overflow box...

Back