What are some cool shrimp and crabs

I like breaded shrimp myself.:mrgreen:

Fire shrimp are cool,but nocturnal.
Cleaner shrimp are great,especially if you keep 4 or 5 and their more apt to be out during the day.
porcelain crabs are a great choice.

I have a cleaner shrimp and two emerald crabs at the moment. I love my cleaner shrimp, and he is out all day. I would just like some really colorful crustacians.

How about 3 or 4? haha

I also like the Harlequin Shrimp, Bumble Bee shrimp, pom pom crab, sally lightfoot, crinoid squat lobster. there are a lot I like as you can tell.

How about 3 or 4? haha

I also like the Harlequin Shrimp, Bumble Bee shrimp, pom pom crab, sally lightfoot, crinoid squat lobster. there are a lot I like as you can tell.

Yeah they are kind of expensive. But all shrimp seem to be. Stay away from the harlequin -- it will eat all your starfish and die, unless you have more starfish to feed it. Also stay away from sally lightfoots -- they're evil fish killers!

YOTE, you totally cracked me up on that one! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I have had good luck with almost everything except an Arrow Crab. I watched in horror as my Arrow Crab went through a molt and was devoured by my Maroon Clown! :death::pissedof: Guess that's not a fault of the Crab, but I haven't had another since.

I like the Coral Banded Shrimp, Emerald Crabs (very fun to watch), Peppermint Shrimp, Skunk Cleaner Shrimp are all standards. Seems like they all are getting pretty pricey these days. :grumble:

Eli I have 8 Sexy Shrimp and they are really fun to watch. They are also out under the light all the time unlike those stupid Peppermint Shrimp. They are really cute with their wavy tails. Them so sexy, love you long time! :lol:

The Arrow crab may or may not be reef safe. I think usually not. I had one that was ok and I loved the little bastard. They are really fun to watch. But he had a nack for getting his little sticks caught in things. I had to rescue him twice by freeing his little pincer from an algae clip. He slowly lost his legs and would just try to keep going. At the end he was missing a pincer and two legs which was sad. Back then I had unstable parameters which must have been a factor.

arrow crabs are reef safe, they eat segmented worms (good control if your bristle worms are out of control)
coral banded shrimp
Sexy's are awesome (for some reason my tank doesn't like them though) :(
candy striped pistol shrimp with a shrimp goby is fun to watch.
Sally light foot (biff says NO!) but I have never had any issues with them.
Anemone crabs and porcelain crabs are fun I love the fans on porcelain crabs

Back