What are these bubbles?

arkansasboy

Reefer Wannabe
I have noticed that I have a bunch of small bubbles on the bottom side of the dry rock and every once in a while one will release and float to the surface. Any ideas?

A lot of times when you see a lot of bubbles forming on your rocks, it's the precursor to an algae outbreak.

How long are your lights on for? What are your params? If there is excess nutrients with an extended photo period, you're about to have an algal headache on your hands. If this is the case...now is the time to "nip it in the bud".

How long are your lights on for? What are your params? If there is excess nutrients with an extended photo period, you're about to have an algal headache on your hands. If this is the case...now is the time to "nip it in the bud".
The lights arent on very long, maybe a few hours but I am about to put them on a timer. My ammonia is .5 ppm.

Oh, the tank is still cycling. Your ammonia should be reading 0 always. What is in the tank, just live rock?
Yeah just 3.5 pounds of LR and some decaying food. I did a water test last night and the ammonia was 0 and the nitrites were at .1 ppm.

Back