JAnderson1

Reefing newb
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hello,

Thanks for looking. I've noticed over the last couple days my black ocellaris has 2 red spots on his left side and one on his right. Not sure what they are or where they come from or if I need to do anything about it? Can you help? Here are my current water parameters that I tested for today.
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Phosphates 0
Alkalinity 10dkh
Ph 8.3

Any ideas? :thumbsdown:

What other livestock do you have in there? Just trying to figure out if it might be battle scars. You might want to also make sure it is not cirolanid isopods. When the lights are out shine a red light in there on the fish and make sure nothing is attached. I really hope it isn't those.

So currently I have:
1 coral beauty.
2 bangaii cardinals
1 blood red fire shrimp
1 baby cowfish 1/2in cube
1 fromia star 1/2 dollar size

Green star polyp
Hammer coral frag
Duncan frag
Xenia frag
Zoa frag
Paly frag
Small ricordia frag
Green stylophora frag
Fuzzy pink frag similar to stylophora (forget the name)

Fighting conch
Bumblebee snails
Margarita snails
Emerald crab
And hermits

The one mark on the clown looks like it goes right through. What could have punctured/stung him?

What do I do to fix him or will it heal on his own?

Thanks for your replies

should heal on its own as long as what ever caused it doesnt bother him again. keep your water quality up to allow him to heal without getting infection. keep an eye out at nite when the lites are out because whatever it is thats probably when its active. if you do have a cirolanid isopod problem go to - reefkeeping.com issue2006-02. article is called - cirolanid isopods, capture techniques, feeding habits ... when i searched ciro pods that was the first thing that came up and there is some exellent info in there including a very effective trap for catching them. it looks like it would be good for bristleworms too

Last edited:
My orange clown in my home tank has the same...he is otherwise healthy and eats like a horse...I think im may be from one of my corals...not worried

Back