What are these tentacle looking things?

sandman

Reefing newb
I have this coral, which I don't know the common name to, that has these tentacle looking things coming from it. Are these what touch other rocks or areas and allow for spreading of this coral? All the other polyps open but these just stay long and extended... Forgot to mention it's the coral toward the top..

Attachments

• New Image1.jpg
    New Image1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 570
Is there no coral experts here? If it's hard to see they are located right under the black band of the heater. You can see 2 tentacles extending out with white tips. I'd appreciate any info one can offer!

That is very odd, it doesnt even look like its part of the coral. Could it perhaps be a sponge growing there? Does it respond the light? does it move at all?

No response or movement, they are just up all the time. They are attached to the base of the coral. It actually appears like part of the corals polyp network. I just thought if they toched another rock maybe that is how this coral multiplies?

I checked again this morning while they were still close and it definitely looks like part of the corals "network" for a lack of a better term. There are a bunch of small lines running through the polyps and these are also on part of the "network"..

Back