What are these?

ZombiePuffer

Reefing newb
Hello everyone, I'm new to the whole reeftank thing and trying to learn as I go. I just picked up some LR yesterday and had some questions as to what is on them. There are some dark blobs I'm guessing maybe sponges of some kind. Also have a orange growth on the bigger rock no idea what it is and I noticed today on the side of my bigger rock there is a line of what looks like sand coming out and along the bottom of the tank no idea what that could be either. One last question is I see something red on the front of the bigger LR but not sure if its alive or just part of the LR. I had looked online but hadn't seen anything like what I posted so any info would be great.

Attachments

• DSCN0394.JPG
    DSCN0394.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN0398.JPG
    DSCN0398.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 353
  • DSCN0408.JPG
    DSCN0408.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 349
Thanks Aquarian, The red thing I was talking about actually sticks up out of the rock about a inch or so and stops. Ill try to get a better angle picture of it.

Here are a few more pics of the red part I am talking about. Hope they help.

Attachments

• DSCN0411.JPG
    DSCN0411.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCN0415.JPG
    DSCN0415.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 329
I still need to touch the red thing but I had another question I have a anemone on by bigger LR that is almost clear except the tips are more of a white color I looked thru Lionfishlair.com Hitchhiker guild but didn't see it the closest thing seems to have been Corynactis but it doesn't really match.

Strawberry anemones can be hard to get a pic of. Very common hitchhiker though. I have had them in every tank I've had. I try to live and let live unless I see them getting too close to corals. My peppermint shrimp seem to have eaten all of them in my tank.

Just noticed a anemone I didn't before during the day when the lights on its just a hole but when I turn my blue lights on he pops out. Can't get a picture because its too dark.

ErinCahir- I finally touched the Red thing on the rock the other day and it is soft, I actually noticed it twiching the other day. No idea why it is twitching.

Back