what can i grow with this light?

freshreef

Reefer Addict
whats up guys im looking at buying this light if its still for sale for my 100gal tank im working on and its cheep $100:bounce: its a 4 bulb t5 its going to be a FOWLR but if i can grow something decent why not try:Cheers:
question is what will i be able to grow? the tank is 30" tall

High output or normal output? we'll assume it's HO.

well... this is kind of a tough question... so you're going to get different answers on this. But I would feel comfortable with softies, and getting into easier LPS such as frogspawns, torches, that kind of stuff. Brains and plates are most likely going to want a bit more light being down on the sandbed, 30" from the light... you could get by with a deresa or squamosa clam, lower light clams, if they're at least 1/3 of the way up. This is just my feeling though....

Really with anything over 24" tall you're going to want metal halide if you're planning to go reef.... your tank depth makes it tough to light.

Nathan is right on. That light will be fine for most corals. Anything that's light intensive will need to be put higher up in the tank. Only low light corals can be kept near the bottom in a 30" deep tank with T5s.

Back