What Coral To Frag? (Vote Poll)

Coral Fragging For The Meeting???

• SPS Frag (Need Metal Halide Lighting)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • LPS Frag (Need Better Than Average Lighting)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Softy Frag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoanthid/Poylp Colony Frag

• Any Coral Frag

• NOT Interested

• What's Coral?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RevReefer

Living Reefs Supporter
Ok we are going to try and get a coral to frag for the upcoming Oct. 15th meeting. What we need from you is for you to vote on what you would like, or vote that your not interested. If theres not enough interested then there is no reason to buy one to frag. So go vote!!

Post a specific coral that you would be interested in. Post at least 2 or 3 of them so we can get it. We need to get this poll wrapped up by the end of the week.

Thanks. :D

Sun Corals are very beautiful. Minireefer how much time would you say you spend on this coral every week and what is your feeding schedule?

I like them alot! :D

When I got mine it would only come out in the evening when running actinics or lunar lights.also I would have to feed the tank some frozen cube or live brine to get to open.Now it is out almost all the time so I spot feed it about 3 times per week.I have created a small cave in my rock formation to block out some of the light.I have an ocellaris that has claimed it so sometimes it makes it hard to feed.Little bugger keeps trying to bite my hand.So basically when you first get one they are a little more time consuming waiting for it to open up for feeding,but after it is acustom to the surroundings is not more than a couple of minutes each feeding

I too would like a Sun Coral if we could find one with enough heads to frag.

An Acan Lord would be cool too!

Last edited:
Alright! Get ready for some AWESOME frags!!

Anthony from www.aquadesignz.com has so graciously put us together an awesome box of the more exotic LPS corals to frag....

He is an awesome person, and is really hooking us up big time!

The cost of a frag will be around $5 to $10 per person. It really just depends on how many want frags. It will be well worth it!!!

Sound off if your def. in for frags!!

I'm IN!!!

so..how many ppl are gonna be there? if im gonna grill some hotdogs i need a head count...erm EDIT!!!! wrong thread oh :pooh: .. :frustrat:

Last edited:
We have three corals that were sent to use.

One will be held hostage and potentially fragged at novembers meeting since its at my place.

He/she is just to small, no need to kill the poor thing. After talking with david and angela they both agreed to hold off on one of the three.

But yes I'm in.

And we will still have plenty to frag for everyone.

Wooo Hoooo

Agreed with Brandon. The frag that he will keep until November at least was way to small to frag. If fragged there would probably have only been 2 peices at most. Then it might have been tough for the coral to recover.

Let it grow then we can all get a peice in the future!

PS. All the coral looks nice in Brandons tank. I hope he shows up Saturday! Kidding! I love our Reef Club!!! :^:

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows.

http://www.aquadesignz.com/images/0927/jlps11_1.jpg

Is the coral that we are going to hold off on....

Even though it looks big in the pictures it is about 1" by 1.5" and is on a 3/4 solid slab of calcium.

Not only do we need to let it grow a bit more, we need to make sure we know how to properly frag this. I have an email in to the people at garf for ideas/suggestions.

Just wanted to let everyone know whats going on.

Brandon

Back