What corals will a coral beauty eat?

Ok, some of you that "know" me know that I don't really care about corals, except my duncan. So, I am looking at adding a coral beauty to my tank and I know that they like to munch on corals. Now, I have researched and researched and cannot determine if they like to munch on LPS or not. Anybody know?

Any thing soft and without a sting will be a target - but it is entirely possible that you get one that does not have an appetite for coral

I would say that your duncan would be on the list of potential targets. If you really want a dwarf angel and you're worried about it munching coral - I would see if you can find one from someone getting out of the hobby that kept one without issues - that will reduce the chance that it will cause problems with your coral

I keep my potters with LPS / softies / clams and have not had issues, but the Potter's is considered one of the more 'reef safe' dwarfs

Sarah, I have a Coral Beauty in my 60g along and I've had a flowerpot, tongue, brain, zoas, green star and palys and it has never paid any attention to any of them. Maybe I am just lucky. I also have a Flame Angel in my 180g and it hasn't shown any interest in anything in there either. I hope my luck holds out.

I have a Duncan in the tank with the Flame Angel and haven't had any problems. Not that it would stop them but my fish are pretty well fed.

Back