What do I do with a dead snail?

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
Ok one of my snails died I removed the shell from the tank.

Do I throw it out or can I keep it and let the crabs use it later? Can it stay in there or do I need to let the inside rot out or what does everyone else do?

So you dont dig out the dead critter or let it shrivel up and fall out? I would think it would be an issue for dead things to be in there??

I read a thread where someone had a dead crab that was stuck inside their live rock. I came up with some extreme suggestions as how to remove the crab but I was told that it wouldn't really harm the tank. I think your tank would be fine if the snail was still in there.

Well I already had the snail out and sitting on my desk. I decided to try to pry out the snail but when i touched it it squished juice and let me just say the smell was less that pleasant. Into the trash he went, bedroom windows are now open and I am almost done gagging. :pooh:

UGH

Well I already had the snail out and sitting on my desk. I decided to try to pry out the snail but when i touched it it squished juice and let me just say the smell was less that pleasant. Into the trash he went, bedroom windows are now open and I am almost done gagging. :pooh:

UGH

LOLOLOLOL!!!! Owned :3

UGH

I guess escargot is out of the question?:mrgreen:

Back