What do I need in a tank without with a fish only tank

Nope, because you are already giving non-helpful advice on other threads. You are not allowed to do that either.

And I will take away your post count if that is what you think is important on this site.

And spongey, next time, just start ONE thread and ask all your questions there. Just don't get all snippy cuz you know now what happens when you do.

Yes, to ob1 you listen.(ha,ha)do start with the 20gal.It will be good for you to get the feel and responsibilities that comes with this lifestyle,some people call it a hobby.Another thing,that train of thought that you have right now is going to cost you a lot of cash.

as a newbie I find this really funny.

I am learning 1st hand how expensive all this stuff is livestock is CHEEP (compared to supplies and setup).
I am a well over budget already from what I had thought I planned pretty well and I have a small setup (65 gal) I have dropped hundreds... wow.. I think I am going to stop thinking about what I have spent so far... I don't even have any fish yet!!!

I still need better lights, and to pick a HOB skimmer or sump setup.... so there go a couple hundred still to come!

(hmmm need to find a way to find those on the cheep... oh well)..

Kid, I suggest you get a 20gal at petco for 20 bucks and start putting stuff togher slowly... you will get there... but It doesnt sound like you are ready to drop over a grand... which I cant see how you can do any of the big tank setups you want for under that....

as a newbie I find this really funny.

I am learning 1st hand how expensive all this stuff is livestock is CHEEP (compared to supplies and setup).
I am a well over budget already from what I had thought I planned pretty well and I have a small setup (65 gal) I have dropped hundreds... wow.. I think I am going to stop thinking about what I have spent so far... I don't even have any fish yet!!!

I still need better lights, and to pick a HOB skimmer or sump setup.... so there go a couple hundred still to come!

(hmmm need to find a way to find those on the cheep... oh well)..

Kid, I suggest you get a 20gal at petco for 20 bucks and start putting stuff togher slowly... you will get there... but It doesnt sound like you are ready to drop over a grand... which I cant see how you can do any of the big tank setups you want for under that....

My brother (who got me into saltwater) always said that saltwater is initially more expensive than freshwater. But once your setup is complete, and you got all your fish, the cost is not that much.

This is why I still have my "ghetto lights" LOL I have a 6' long tank, and this 36" 2-bulb T5 light fixture sitting in the middle of my tank. LOL Luckily, I only have mushrooms so lighting is not extremely important. But I am working on getting the mother of all lights. Just buying my time!

Back