what do the asians know that we dont

all I can think is that they have a sump that is enormous which cleans everything and replenishes the water like crazy.

In the third video, they have a whole bunch of yellow tail tangs. They are all small though. All those fish will have to to into separate 100g tanks in order to mature.

All the tanks were bare bottom , I think. Much easier to keep detritus from building up. Nothing has anyplace to settle.

Probably MASSIVE sumps, refugiums and canisters or wet dry filters. You would need the whole shootin' match of filtration to do that. Chemical, mechanical and biological. Probably a ton of carbon being run on those systems, as well as a DSB and big hunk of cheato somewhere. Probably filter socks on the drain lines and probably cleaned daily.

I can't see how you could keep that many fish in a tank otherwise. ESPECIALLY angels.

I see tanks full like that at some LFSs quite often. They have very powerful filters, giant skimmers and some have fully automated water changing systems.

Im afraid of asians after I saw the grudge 2!BUt the scariest movie Ive ever seen was the land before time,sharp tooth almost got little foot!

lol,I was JK you know...,I used to love that show when i was littler, sarah,petri,spike,litttle foot, is there any more?

Now thats some aquariums that will make the reef tank enthusiast roll their eyes. I try to remain tolerant to each hobbyist approach and preferences but these tanks boarder on the ridiculous. Just a unnatural look.

Any lfs or whole seller knows that if you over crowd a tank enough the natural aggressive tendencies from species to species will be dispersed so much that they appear not to exist at all making tanks like this possible, but to do this on purpose as part of a long term display tank is just goofy if you ask me.

For the hobbyist I would think the novelty of it would ware off pretty quick but then again those goofy little bastards are still making Godzilla movies.

well even the tanks that you see that are stuffed full of corals that are almost touching are unnatural, its just to wait degree you can put up with for maintenance

Back