What do we have here?

Dusty44

Reefing newb
Yep you guessed it! Another new guy!:Cheers: First round is on me!

hello my name is Dusty im 27 years old, married with 3 dogs and a saltwater aquarium. My aquarium is a 46 gallon bow front with a custom stand I made 42 inches tall to put the aquarium eye level. I have very limited knowledge in this hobby and I have a million questions I want to ask but i'll save that for another thread. Here are a couple shots of my tank. hope the pic thing works I hate computers:frustrat:

fish022.jpg

fish035-1.jpg

Last edited:
first off welcome to the site, second off, you need to get ride of the regal tang. they need atleast a 75 gallon tank since they can get up to a foot in length. and third dont hate computers, they are awesome

thanks for the welcome I know about the tang I figured when he got too big I would have to get rid of him. Do you think he's too big now? He's about 1.5 to 2 now.

i would say he is, with tangs its not their body size being to big for the tank its the fact that they need massive amounts of room for swimming

My aquarium is a 46 gallon bow front with a custom stand I made 42 inches tall to put the aquarium eye level.g[/IMG]

Welcome to LR!
Nice looking tank!

I did the same with my 46g bow front. Built my own 42" high stand. :D
You can see it in the tank showcase forum.

i would say he is, with tangs its not their body size being to big for the tank its the fact that they need massive amounts of room for swimming

guess i'll have to catch him then...thats too bad he and my coral beauty have paired up like a couple clowns they swim side by side all the time thru the caves and rocks but i guess its just a fish and he'll be better off anyway

thanks for the advice

Dusty

Welcome to the site Dusty.
I gotta agree with Dustin on the Regal tang.But I agree with you on computers.I hate em too.

Hi and welcome! Nice mushroom rock. Your tank looks nice and clean.

thanks Biff, I try to keep all the glass scraped...it keeps the snails on the rocks and sand and off the glass. I got lucky with that rock a couple weeks after I bought it at the lfs I noticed 2 of them about the size of a pencil eraser and 8 months later that is what it has turned into to. My zoos,the green coral on the top left (not sure what it is),and the green shrooms were all hitch hikers too.

Back