What do you all think about buying this????

i paid more than that for my 72 bf with just a stand tank and hood nothing else. looks like a killer deal to me
josh

as long as you could get it for not much more it is a great deal. as you know used equipment dosnt carry a high price, however, there is a lot there so if you have the mind go for it. you wont be able to match it new. good luck. My thought 750.oo tops.

Thanks for the replies everybody! I really appreciate it. I guess the next question is before I bid I would like to get some info on how to move the tank. The hardware moving is easy, but what about the fish? corals?, live rock? It is probably going to take a good 4-6 hours to take the tank down drive home and then reset the tank up. Any procedures of how to do this or speed the process up would be appreciated! Thanks again!

Dan

Nice deal if everything is healthy.Moving will be a pain,but well worth it in the end.I would also chuck the crashed coral and put some live sand in its place.I have not done a move for salt so hopfully some others can provide help.Chris moved a setup across town.Look for some old post here for some ideas.

Well I won the tank. I got it for $526.87, So i feel I got a real good deal. I am going to replaced the crushed coral with sand. But how much sand should I get? Also what is everbodies thought on the wet dry filters. I don't know to much about them, I was going to run a sump on my 37 gallon, so i researched the sumps and thye refugiums more than the wet dry's. Should I keep the wet dry or get a sump instead? The last question I have is about the powerheads, he only has two in the tank is that enough or should I get at least one more. Also if you see any stuff that I should get that would help this setup out let me know. As soon as the money allows I am going to upgrade the lights to medal halide, but I was wondering if there was other things that you might see that needs to be upgraded or changed. Thanks again for the help. Looks like I'm going on a road trip very soon!

Dan

Anybody see any items that I should purchase other than the sand, and lights for this tank? The local pet store is taking back my 29 gallon tank,stand and the canopy. So I have a little extra cash available to spend. So if you all could reveiw the listing and let me know if you see anything that was missing in this combo. I would appreciate it. Thanks again!

Dan

I got the tank over the past weekend and almost all livestock made the trip. I am still cleaning and setting everything up. I changed the crushed coral to argonite sand. I added another powerhead to this system as well as replacing the small rio powerhead that came with it with a 1200 with a orbit attachment, just like the other powerhead that came with the tank. I also through out this guys protein skimmer, it was a piece and not working. I had bought the coralife super skimmer 65 back when I was going to do the 29 gallon, so that is on there now. I am also in the process of cleaning out a included hang on the back refugium that he gave to me to. I plan on getting that on the tank, right away. I have two questions. First off the lights are definately not enough. Should I keep the current setup and just add some medal halide. The current lights are 2) 65 watt 50/50 power compacts, and 2)65 watt actinics power compact. So basically a total of 260 watts. Definately not enough on a 72 gallon. What are everybody's suggestion on lights? My thought was to keep the current setup and add on some medal halide, but before I do I wanted to ask everybodys opinion. Second question, what type of algae do I buy to stick in that hang on the back refugium, to help get rid of toxins in the tank? Any and all help is appreciated.

Add some MH to what you have. to start and go from there. be careful when the mh are 1st turned on, do not photo shock the animals or burn them. see the helpful article thread there are some articles dealing with photo aclimation of you corals. on the algae I prefer the calerpa but others may have a diff. opinion so im sure someone will weigh in on that issue good luck. keep us updated.

Back