What do you feed your Bubble Tip?

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
As the title states, what do you all feed you bubble tips? I just got mine about a week ago and gave it a spot feeding of Hikari Ocean Plankton yesturday, some parts were accepted and some were let go back into the water column. Should I pick up some larger type foods IE silversides or Krill? Thanks for your help.

I never have fed my BTA. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. I had one for many yrs and finally gave it to someone because my clowns totally ignored it for other corals.

I feed my BTA's once a month or so. I will usually give them a piece of krill.

Then they will catch things as well as my clowns will feed them through the rest of the month. One of mine gets fed pellets from my clown on a continually basis and its been growing huge (so much so that I might need to kick it out of its tank) :(

This is a local strain that splits pretty often so Im not really worried about it getting to big, although I am worried about it growing into too many of the little guys. Im probably going to try to get another one that is more appropriately size for clowns in hope that it will host them.

On an off note, will unhosted clowns typically make a nest in the sandbed or is that a sign of breeding to come? The pair I bought was bonded(and wild caught I think, unfortunately) and they have made a nest that they are guarding from my tangs.

I used to give my BTA silversides,raw table shrimp,clam strips,and lance fish.I also fed it once a week.

Clowns normally lay their eggs on a rock or other hard surface.But they ARE clowns,so anythings possible.

I feed mine chunks of pepperoni pizza dipped in PBR. now its the size of a dinner plate!

Just kidding of course I couldnt resist.

Joe the clowns are wallowing in the sand right in the corner between the side glass and the overflow, its sort of hidden between a closed loop return and a coraline encrusted part of the side pane of glass

Back