what do you people think about MAglife

It actually looks pretty sweeto me, and it would be totally awesome if it worked, but, rule #5 that I learned while working in retail: "Anything that is advertised as 'Good for Everything' really isn't all that great at any one thing that it does."

"Check out my tank!"

"What is that hideous looking contraption!?"

"I get asked that question everytime I show my tank."

on another note.... mechanical, chemical, biological.... name the two other stages?

anarobic and air injection
a bio filter and then a not a filter.

yet another of the many reasons i scream Bravo Sierria!

not only that but you do not want air bubbles to be injected into you display tank. They will just create an awful amount of salt creep (know from experience) and possibly damage your livestock

Brian

have you ever made crystals in a grade school science fair? you take salt water and susspend a weighted string in it and eventually, salt crystals start growing on the string above the water line? That is pretty much it. The air bubles will splash and the salt water will land on something and the water will evaporate and leave the salt behind. the salt will build up very fast much faster than it does without the air bubbles.

Brian

no it doesnt loose salinity it will actually get more salinity. Only the water evaporates. everything else remains in the tank. so the salt concentration goes up. The water splashing from the bubbles will land somewhere. Then that water will evaporate and leave its salt behind. The salt will build up. Kind of like erosion in reverse. but the overal salinity of a tank will increase when the water evaporates.

Brian

I think you are missing my point. The salt creep is an annoyance that you have to clean up. I would not put it back into the tank.

Small bubbles in a marine tank cause irritation to fish gills and to corals. They are not good.

Brian

Back