What do you think about this lighting /suggestions

BL1

Ok, so I've been trying to decide if I want to convert my 75g over to SW. I like my AIO but, it's getting filled so quick I'm starting to run out of room for corals. Anyway, I've been looking at this light, it was recommended to me by my LFS (he uses it on his 75g display tank. 48 inch Current USA SunPod 2x250W 14K HQI-MH w/ 18 Lunar Lights Reviews
I've found it online for $240. I'm open to other suggestions and I want a good light but, I'd like to try and keep it under $250

Thanks guys ... If I can figure out how to keep it under 600 I might just start this upgrade before the end of the month

Same exact fixture I have, it's great but the stock bulbs are pretty bad. I'd suggest changing them after about 6 months as opposed to the 10-12 months that halides are supposed to last.

Same exact fixture I have, it's great but the stock bulbs are pretty bad. I'd suggest changing them after about 6 months as opposed to the 10-12 months that halides are supposed to last.

Thanks, that was my original plan. How are the stock cooling fans, I've heard they're really loud.

Thanks Yote, I just ordered 2 of the 1050s. I think I'm going to start with them and if I need more flow I can add the 1400s

Ok, so that fixture I wanted is sold out EVERYWHERE now. The best I could find (and it's still a little more than I wanted to spend) is this Odyssea Metal Halide System
do you think this will be overkill for a 75? I don't want to melt my corals lol

Yeah...That's kind of extreme for a 75.

What is your budget? The Current Nova Extreme Pros are around that same price and would allow you to keep anything you wanted.

I'm trying to keep it around $300, I haven't been able to find the Nova extreme's 8-bulb for less than 429

Back