What do you use for your clean up crew?

Matt

Reefer-In-Training
I'm about 5 months into my tank and I think I'm ready to add a clean up crew. I'm not sure what I want to get. What do you use for your clean up crew?

Nassarius snails, Cerith snails, Astraea snails, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a few hermits and a couple of emerald crabs. I plan on adding a brittlestar (not the green kind- they get too big and start eating fish) and a few conchs

In my 70gal I had like 30snails, 20-30 hermits, nassarius snails, 2 small reef-safe urchins for algae, had a nudibrand but he's gone missing, 2 emerald crabs, and sometimes you can add a starfish if you want

Check out reefcleaners.org - they'll set you up with the right amount for your size tank.

In my tank I have nassarius (big and small), conches, emerald crabs, skunk cleaner shrimp, banded trochus snails, astreae snails, margarita snails, nerite snails, cerith snails, and an urchin. I used to have 2 more urchins (great cleaners but were toting my corals around), a lettuce nudibranch (those things don't seem to last too long in our tanks), and turbo snails. Eventually I plan to add a brittlestar and an atlantic sea cucumber, but all in good time :)

@fishy

Yea I had come home the day after adding the urchins, and on one urchins back he had: A snail, a frag with some zoas on it, and like 2 little pebbles lol.

I have 4 Mexican turbos, a huge asteria snail I have had for threes years, its the size of a turbo. 3 small asteria in the sump. 10 assorted small hermits. 5 Stomatella that hitch hiked in. thats about it...

Various snails (turbos, astrea, cerith, nassarius), blue legged hermits, sea cucumbers, serpent stars, brittle stars, red mithrax crabs, porcelain crabs, peppermint shrimp, fire shrimp, black spine urchin...

Back