What else can I put in here?

hobbie1103

Reefing newb
I'm finding I like so many different fish and I just wanted to see what other fish i can mix in my tank right now i have a 55 gal Hex tank and I have 3 damsels I cycled with 2 clown fish 1 niger triger 1 sailfin tang 1 longnosed butterfly I was looking at another tang maybe a purple tang (small) all my fish are small/medium not to big and they have been in there for about 2-3 months . :question:

Last edited:
Get rid of the damsels, give them or sell them back to you LFS, they tend to be real aggressive towards other fish and may cause them to stress out. That should give you some more room for some cool new fish.

Watch the bio load

I dont want to be a killjoy here but, personally if you still have all the fish you mentioned, I would be very careful about overloading the capability of the system to handle bio load increases. Each time you add an animal you should notice some amount of cycling. You are probably ok if your amonia, nitrite are unreadable, and your nitrates are below 5ppm for total nitrates. just a thought. good luck on your project.

Back