what else can i put in with these guys?

donlankford

Addicted Reefer
Been thinking about doing a predator tank with a dwarf lionfish and snowflake eel and im wondering if i could add another fish and if i can what can i add that the lion and eel wont eat? want it to be reef safe cuz i want to add some lps and sps corals to the tank.

dont know of any groupers i can put in a 55. but just got a call from a friend that is willing to give up their 55. so i can have a 55 reef and 55 pedator tank. but i was thinking about a Saddle Valentini Puffer. he only gets to 4 inches so would that be to small that the lion or eel would eat him.

Puffers are good. Also, aggressive and large clowns often do fine in predator tanks -- like maroon clowns. There are many non-invert safe wrasses that are beautifully colored that would co-exist with those guys.

A maroon clown was idea i had too but didnt think they would do ok in that kinda tank. now would it be streching the tank if i had the maroon clown, lion, eel and puffer? or would i have to choose b/w the clown and puffer?

As long as the maroon isnt too small, it will be ok. I have seen some pretty hardcore maroons in peoples tanks! hahah scars and all!

The Valentini Puffers are little bastards. Not saying that all of them will,but I've them pick at Lions and Eels until their stressed to the point of dying.

Back