what firsts srimp&snals or fish

Hi and Welcome. Can you provide us with a little more info about the tank? How long has it been running? What are your stats? Where are you at with your cycle, etc...

If you're still going thru the cycle, Yote is correct. Dont add anything until it is completed. After completion of your cycle, you can add a fish or two...

If your tank is cycled I would add fish first so they can produce some waste and then introduce snails to clean up around the place. Don't add a shrimp at least 3 weeks after your cycle is complete.

yea..... how do i get rid of suspened particals in the water i have a rena xp2 canester filter will that do

Yeah,that'll get the particles.Just be sure to clean it at least once a week or you'll have high nitrates.

Like Yote said, clean the interior of the filter and any floss or pads weekly or you will end up with poor water quality. Canister filters do not remove the waste and gunk from your tank like a protein skimmer does. Canisters simply trap the waste in some sort of media. If left uncleaned, it will simply be released back into your water.

What they are literally saying is that if you dont clean it once a week it will start to produce nitrates, nitrates kill fish. Dont clean=Death Clean=Life

Yep that's why canister filters can be a pain in the ass. They require a lot of maintenance. Whereas a protein skimmer requires hardly any and is much more effective at cleaning the water.

the beginning stage of your tank while it cycles the new rock is going to be the dirties part. It has to collect all of the crap that was on the rock when it was introduced. Clean it! It takes like 3 minutes.

Back