What Fish To Buy?

Eric Noa

Reefing newb
Hello Guys,

Im not going to buy any yet but I want to get an Idea of what I can put in my tank.

Here is more info on my tank..

65 Gallons - Reef Tank

I was thinking on getting a couple of Dwarf Angels (Flame Angelfish, Coral Beauty Angelfish, Yellow Angelfish), Pair of Clown Fish (Percula or Ocellaris) Maybe a tang don't know which one yet... Would that be a good combination? or what do you guys recommend?

fire fish
lawnmower blenny
dragon goby
flame angel ( you have a big chance with angels at eating corals if you get any coral)
any ree fsafe wrasse

Sen is so helpful :)

Your list so far is good; however, you may have problems with two angels. Probably better to pick which one you like the best and stick with it.

You could keep a tang if you pick one of the tangs that doesn't grow huge. Nasos and vlamingis are out of the question, as are sohals. A yellow tang, purple tang, yellow eye kole tang or sailfin tang would be okay.

You'll have to choose one angel and that one you pick will have a 50/50 chance at nipping at corals. I have a coral beauty and I chose correctly (fortunately)

If you want a tang, get a yellow eye or a tomini. A wrasse would also be a good pick up. They can be pretty colorful and I like the way they swimm all over the place.

Back