what grinds your gears

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dana42078, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Dana42078

Dana42078 Dana

As my funny fat man from family guy would say, you know what grinds my gears, People in the 19th century. Why don't they get with the freakin program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse!

Chime in if you have somethin that grinds your gears.

I'll start.

You know what grinds my gears, Semi drivers that drive in the fast lane and go slow as ****! You know your carring 18,000lbs move the **** outa the way.

Dana42078, Aug 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Dana42078

Jmck

You know what grinds my gears? getting tailgated in the slow lane by a semi..

best response? slow down :D hehe gears oiled

Jmck, Aug 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Dana42078

Dana42078 Dana

You know what grinds my gears, Alcohol causes 80,000+ deaths a year and its still legal, and can find a beer on every corner in my hometown of kenosha wi, which at one point lead the US in bars per capita at one pt. Yet pot has been proven to cure or at least curb some things such as anxiety, and also helps with pain in patients with AIDS, MS and other major diseases. Also is a multi billion dollar industry in Cali....It could be Amercia's cash crop not just in the buds but also hemp. Hemp alone could bring in millions,if not billions

Dana42078, Aug 19, 2010
  4. Dana42078

valasaraptor Proud ocelot owner!

im with dana,that grinds my gears too

valasaraptor, Aug 19, 2010
  5. Dana42078

Dana42078 Dana

You know what grinds my gears,the guy from your boarding state or province that rides your ass in heavy traffic to get no where...or the asswhole that passes ina work zone with a solid whit line that clearly means no changing lanes and no passing.

Dana42078, Aug 19, 2010
  6. Dana42078

cthegame

What grinds my gears are douchebags who slow down on the freeway so they can get a better look at cops who pulled someone over which causes traffic for everyone else. "oh oh i see police, i better slow down to so i can see better". This kind of thing really affects the messed up L.A. traffic. morons.

cthegame, Aug 19, 2010
  7. Dana42078

cthegame

Also morons who are so impatient on the freeway, they drive so fast and cant change lanes because the freeway is flowing smoothly but full of cars which forces them to constantly break before they hit the car in front of them. Idiots!

cthegame, Aug 19, 2010
  8. Dana42078

Dana42078 Dana

Oh man illinois is notorious for that....**** chicago!!!

Dana42078, Aug 19, 2010
  9. Dana42078

andysgirl8800 Blenny Badlands

What grinds my gears is hearing someone use a word incorrectly in a sentence like they know what they are talking about.

"refudiate" GEEZ!

andysgirl8800, Aug 19, 2010
  10. Dana42078

bjohanson1234 .........

What grinds my gears are the people who go 40 MPH no matter what the speed one is. If its 20, they go 40. If its 60 they go 40.

bjohanson1234, Aug 19, 2010
  11. Dana42078

Solarfall Totally Gnar

It grinds my gears when creepy old neighbors sit on their front porch ALL day and make a mental journal of exactly what happened on my street throughout the day. Then they talk about how "oh that lady's a bad mother" or "bahhh those kids are always making trouble around these parts".
    Because they're obviously talking about me when other people get out of their cars.

Old people should get hobbys.

Solarfall, Aug 19, 2010
  12. Dana42078

andysgirl8800 Blenny Badlands

what grinds my gears is people who stop in a merge lane to wait for ALL traffic to clear before they move.

andysgirl8800, Aug 19, 2010
    BL1 likes this.
  13. Dana42078

Bifferwine I am a girl

You know what grinds my gears? IRREGARDLESS! This is not a word, people! Regardless is the word you are wanting to use! no IR-, just regardless!

Bifferwine, Aug 19, 2010
  14. Dana42078

Rcpilot

What grinds my gears?

Denver drivers - nuff said. I could go on and on about it for several hundred pages, but I'll spare all of you. They just SUCK and they all drive around with their head up their ass.

Alcoholics. Can't stand boozers.

Women who play mind games - piss you off - then act like you're the fuking psycho because you're mad now. WTF?

Middle class and lower class people that vote for Republicans. No working man should EVER vote for a Republican. If you make LESS than 5 million bucks a year and you vote for Republicans - you're a fucking IDIOT and deserve to be removed from the gene pool by way of high speed lead traveling directly into the center of your sloped forehead. Read a history book and at least 3 different sources of printed news every day!! Turn off Faux Noise and actually sit down at a table to have dinner with your offspring.

People who put tangs in tiny tanks.

People who write shitty DIY articles. If you're gonna take the time to spell it all out - SPELL IT ALL OUT!!! Leaving out critical details doesn't help anybody - it's just a waste of YOUR time and frustrating for the rest of us. Might as well stand around and jump rope. Same end result.

That's all for now - I need coffee and my morning wake-n-bake. :mrgreen:

Rcpilot, Aug 19, 2010
    Dana42078 likes this.
  15. Dana42078

Bifferwine I am a girl

Hehehe. There was actually a study done that analyzed policies proposed by democrats and republicans over the last 30 years, and who those policies ended up hurting, and who they ended up helping. Not surprisingly, the R policies overwhelmingly ended up benefitting millionaires, and really hurting anyone that makes less than that. The D policies were the opposite -- the vast majority ended up helping people that made less than 100K per year and very few (if any) ended up giving multi-millionaires more money.

The study looked at why people of lower- and middle-income tend to vote OPPOSITE of their self-interest. For example, why a middle-class person would vote for Republican policies that they KNOW will only help millionaires and will end up taking more money out of their pockets.

The study concluded that people that vote that way have big dreams and goals -- some day they will be a millionaire too (yeah right)! And they vote on what they would want to happen if they were in that position -- not based on the position that they are currently in, and will likely be in for the rest of their lives.

Basically, their desire to be a millionaire overpowers their desire to be in a better place with their income that they have right now.

Of course, how many of these people making less than 100K per year ever end up multi-millionaires? Very very very few. If people voted for policies based on their current, realistic situation, and not their messed up pie in the sky dream that they will be Bill Gates someday, we'd be better off.

Example: Look at congress right now. Yes, I understand that spending is out of control, and that's the Republicans' reasoning for blocking spending bills that come through -- they blocked the emergency funds to state public school systems, they blocked the extension of unemployment benefits, they blocked the bill that would have the government reimburse first responders at 9/11's medical expenses.

What spending bill are they OUTRAGED that is not going through? The extension of Bush's tax cuts for people that make $250K per year or more. Even though the deficits are high, and there is no way to pay for these, Republicans are fighting to have these tax cuts extended. But god forbid they should use that money to keep teachers employed, help millions that were laid off and still looking for work, or to pay for the medical bills of the people that were injured during the 9/11 rescue. Hypocrites.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    Bifferwine, Aug 19, 2010
    Rcpilot likes this.
  16. Dana42078

Dana42078 Dana

HAHA that made my day, thanks.

Dana42078, Aug 19, 2010
    Rcpilot likes this.
  17. Dana42078

Rcpilot

Glad somebody found it humorous. I try.... :Cheers:

Rcpilot, Aug 19, 2010
  18. Dana42078

Chris_150G

Its frustrating that there are so many people who, because they are so terribly uniformed and uneducated they, can not properly participate in the democratic process. How can they make an informed decision with no understanding about what is involved, except for what they saw on Fox News? These people do not follow past or present events in the world nor do they understand how economic policies work. Yet they are hyper critical of a policy or action by the government.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    Chris_150G, Aug 19, 2010
    Rcpilot and Bifferwine like this.
  19. Dana42078

Rcpilot

Well, ya know what they say............ ignorance is bliss

............ and maybe a little bit narcissistic .

Rcpilot, Aug 19, 2010
  20. Dana42078

Bifferwine I am a girl

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never be a millionaire. I accept it. :cry: I vote based on what will benefit who I currently am, not what will possibly benefit me 20 years in the future if I happen to strike it rich.

(I'm hoping saying this will make the opposite come true. That is the way my luck usually goes!) :lol:

Bifferwine, Aug 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question