What happened?

Ridrom

Reefing newb
I woke up this morning to find one of my chromis dead in the bottom of my tank. I checked the parameters and they seem fine:

Temp- 77.7
Ph- 8.2
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate-0
S.G.- 1.023

I had 2 chromis and 1 banggai cardnalfish(who hasn't been seen for a day).The chromis that did die was missing half of it's tail when i first put him in the tank could this be a possible cause of death?

Do you have a cleaner crew? I think a more likely scenario is that the chromis died and the cleaner crew started to eat it.

Sometimes it's hard to say why fish die. If it's a new tank, they'll often seemingly die for no reason. Your water parameters are perfect.

For now, stick with the other two (maybe one?) fish that you have. See if you can keep them alive for at least 3 weeks. If they do fine for 3 weeks, then try adding a new fish.

On a side note, when did you add the chromis? If it was recently, did you acclimate them correctly?

I do have a cleaner crew 10 turbo snails and 5 small blue leg hermits. They were added Sunday I acclimated for 45 min what is the correct way to acclimate?

Back