What has your clown hosted?

This thread brings back old memories.Out of all my years in this hobby,no two fish touch my heart more than my gold stripe maroon pair.Docile,tons of personality and hosted only one thing-shrooms.Never bothered the goniopora,frogspawn,colt,leathers,torch-nothing.I've had emailed and called Blue Zoo and Reef Hot Spot to obtain another pair but never got answer.I put myself down on their waiting list and 4 years later still nothing.I even tried to pair some up and lets just say it didn't go well.

Here are some pics.Please excuse the quality,this was like 1999 or close to it.schrooms do make excellent host for clowns but like everybody said-there are only two guarantees in life,death and taxes.
1.jpg

TECH0016.jpg

TECH0005.jpg

My clown hosts a big colony of about 75 lime green palythoas down in the left corner of the tank. They are long stemmed palys with big fat polyps. The clown practically gets lost in there.

He used to host my acans. :frustrat: The acans were about dead after being shriveled up for 3 weeks of that crap. Clown fish are trainable. You just have to swat at them about 200 times a day for 2-3 weeks every time they go near the acans. :frustrat: It works though.

Mine was hosting a powerhead, then a corner of the tank, and now has a cave he lives in with the blood shrimp.
He seemed very happy there until recently 2 pep shrimps seem to have kicked him out.

Back to the corner.

my clowns appear to host a specific spot in my sand. it looks very bizarre...I keep putting different "good" things for them to host into the tank and they never do! just that one bit of sand. it's weird.

I'm pulling for Kati :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

She has good technique. Being a noob, she can get away with giving each quote its own post, rather than just putting multiple quotes into one post ;) She definitely has potential!

She has good technique. Being a noob, she can get away with giving each quote its own post, rather than just putting multiple quotes into one post ;) She definitely has potential!

:P Now I'm gonna be afraid to post!!!

(not really - I usually drive people nuts. I did warn ya in my intro post.)

:D

Ok so how do I multi-quote? Just to make wonton happy. :)

Reeffreak - Love the pics. They look very content there. :)

Last edited:
On the bottom/right side of the last post there is a little quote symbol - like this "
- it's a multiple quote button. Click and post away. You got some big shoes to fill if you plan on getting close to the post count of Dcan.
laughing.gif

Mine was hosting a powerhead, then a corner of the tank, and now has a cave he lives in with the blood shrimp.
He seemed very happy there until recently 2 pep shrimps seem to have kicked him out.

Back to the corner.

my clowns appear to host a specific spot in my sand. it looks very bizarre...I keep putting different "good" things for them to host into the tank and they never do! just that one bit of sand. it's weird.

On the bottom/right side of the last post there is a little quote symbol - like this "
- it's a multiple quote button. Click and post away. You got some big shoes to fill if you plan on getting close to the post count of Dcan.
laughing.gif

LOL um ya.... But I can have fun !! :)

Honestly I have enjoyed this forum alot. Everyone is friendly - and don't take themselves so serious that no one laughs. :) It makes it enjoyable to watch and learn.

LOL um ya.... But I can have fun !! :)

Honestly I have enjoyed this forum alot. Everyone is friendly - and don't take themselves so serious that no one laughs. :) It makes it enjoyable to watch and learn.

Thats why we all like this site.:D We pride ourselves on being THE friendliest forum on the internet.:D

Back