Flame angel
coral beauty angel
Fox face

What I want

Koran angel
Queen angel
Naso tang
Yellow tang

I know there could be issues with the angels first with each other and second with the corals I still may get one or the other but not soon nor for sure.

I was also interested in a brown tang but read they can be snags

So any other suggestions or advice on what not to do. I would imagine the tangs should be ok.

I have a 220gal for all of this.

what fox face do u have , i used to love my magnificent and when i get me another big tank he will be my first one in there :D

as far as advice sry just thought id be random lol

Damn what do I need a swimming pool? I may still get one because they had really small korans for $30 and I mean like 2 inchers.

There are some large angels that can live in that tank their whole life. Such as the Blue Girdled, Annularis, and the blue line angelfish.

Ok I was thinking I would have to put the koran in with the other angels just like the tangs.

I am going to have to try to make sure the lfs holds me the tangs I want as well ahead of time since I have to do this all together on transfer day.

Normally i think you can do that with the angels, but those two juvis look almost exactly the same which is a sure bet they will fight to the death.

And that is a good idea with the tangs.

Im not really into wanting more than one angel but remember I have the flame and coral so hopefully they are ok. Its a ways out but I dont want to wait till the last second with the angels and tangs.

Some of the other cool angels are out because they will eat the corals for sure according to live aquaria. Booooo

The two I have are rated with caution just like the ones I was checking out. Im not saying they are safe but I get what you are saying.

I guess if I get one I can't complain if it chomps the coral.

I found that no matter what I choose someone says no and some say yes. Ill have to think about stuff. Geesh I still have not ordered my skimmer but I am buying a reef oct extreme 250.

Im not really into wanting more than one angel but remember I have the flame and coral so hopefully they are ok. Its a ways out but I dont want to wait till the last second with the angels and tangs.

Some of the other cool angels are out because they will eat the corals for sure according to live aquaria. Booooo

The dwarf angels are really not comparable at ALL to the big guys.

So your not getting a powder blue tang? :sad: I didn't think much of them until I saw one in person... :shock: :heartpump

So your not getting a powder blue tang? :sad: I didn't think much of them until I saw one in person... :shock: :heartpump

I really want one but I wouldn't even mention it here. I did before and got the third degree. I also don't want to get one and have all the problems they can bring but you never know.

First of all I have only seen one in any store I have ever been to and second the guy was like, nah that is not good to buy. I am like wtf do you sell it for.

It isn't like I am unaware of the issues but so far my Hippo which has the same warnings if not more depending on who I ask is fine. I saw what looked like Ich 2 times but it goes away and I think is cause by that Damsel crud ball. I found him chasing my other fish now and I will not allow it to get them one by one like I have heard from other peoples experience.

So yes I may still get the Powder Blue but I would feel weird having 5 different tangs all in the tank and then to toss in an Angel. I am not sure how they would all get along.

I read some Tangs can be d-bags to others and it says that about the Powder Blue but like any fish they are all not exactly the same. My angels hang out all the time and that is not always the case.

Ugh it is like this big thing figuring this out.

In the end I will get it done and also have room for plenty of other fish. I would think my skimmer that I am getting will surely help keep the water nice and tidy.

I have 9 fish now to move to the 220 and honestly don't know how many more I can get. Say I get all the Tangs and the Angel fish I still will have only 14-15 fish. Some will get large so you know. Plus all those Tangs will cost $$$$$$$.

I already talked to the one guy and I am planning to get them all together so this should be near impossible. The only Tang I always see available 24/7 is the Yellow Tang which I don't even want but the wife wants it.

When I am about 2-3 weeks out I will start trying to get it all together. If I have to I am pretty sure I can get the store to get them gathered up and maybe even have them spend some time together in one tank. Maybe they will QT them for me haha.

If your going to be keeping a lot of tangs then you should probably quarantine all your fish in a hypo salinity treatment for 8 weeks. Then the fish wouldn't get ich no matter how stressed they are...

For some reason, I think yellow tangs are soo ugly! They look bad in the pictures and even worse in person. Maybe I just haven't seen a really healthy one...

Back